Support our petition to ban Halal slaughter in Britain. The practice of slaughtering animals for religious purposes is both draconian and barbaric and it is only ‘religious sensitivity’ from our politicians that has prevent Halal meat from being banned.
Sack Culture Secretary Maria Miller – This petition is to call upon the Prime Minister, David Cameron, to dismissed Maria Miller over her mortgage expenses scandal.
The EU is now making moves, through a new directive, that would effectively quash net neutrality. Net neutrality covers three core principles which allows the internet to remain free and open. Destroying net neutrality will deny you your democratic rights to access free and open information. Don’t let this happen.
23 True Facts about Adulthood
23 TRUE FACTS ABOUT ADULTHOOD – We all know we are getting old by the second and yet the old we get the fast those critters seem to tick by. There’s just no escaping and the only blessing is that as you get older you get wiser; or that’s what they tell me.
Today a friend emailed me to let me know that I’m officially an old fart and that at least I am now old enough to understand and full comprehend these 23 important facts about adulthood.
1. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font in Microsoft Word – come on people get it together!
5. How the Dicken’s are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind-of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say ”What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
23. The first testicular guard, the “Cup,” was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
And there you have it, the all important, or not, 23 facts about adulthood. Seriously I must be getting old because I actually think this is all true. Hey! I must be getting wiser as well.
Rowan Atkinson and the BBC have been blasted over a comedy sketch performed by Rowan Atkinson at where he takes on the role of Archbishop of Canterbury. Should Rowan and the BBC be admonished or should we simply see this as what it really is – light humour.
Growing old gracefully; now there’s a term and what exactly does it mean. According to Aunty Acid there’s nothing gracious about it and I’m sure this will tickle your funny bone.