Support our petition to ban Halal slaughter in Britain. The practice of slaughtering animals for religious purposes is both draconian and barbaric and it is only ‘religious sensitivity’ from our politicians that has prevent Halal meat from being banned.
Sack Culture Secretary Maria Miller – This petition is to call upon the Prime Minister, David Cameron, to dismissed Maria Miller over her mortgage expenses scandal.
The EU is now making moves, through a new directive, that would effectively quash net neutrality. Net neutrality covers three core principles which allows the internet to remain free and open. Destroying net neutrality will deny you your democratic rights to access free and open information. Don’t let this happen.
David Petraeus Scandal – Does It Really Matter?
DAVID PETRAEUS SCANDAL – DOES IT REALLY MATTER? – Over the last week the press went crazy over David Petraeus, the Director of the CIA, and his affair with Paula Broadwell. The result of this so called scandal is that David Petraeus has now resigned as Director of the CIA. I have a few questions:
1. How important is it, in the big scheme of things, that he was having an affair?
2. What business is it of the press and ours to poke their noses into his private affairs?
3. Did his affair affect his ability to do his job?
So let me take each of the questions and give you my synopsis.
1. Why oh why does the press and public take such offence to someone having an affair. Can any of us really take the moral high-ground? The only reason this is news is because of his position. How many of us have had an affair? Did this make world news?
Tiger Woods is the prime example of how we seem to forget our own faults and focus on another and due to their public profile – we really do like to lay the blame at another’s doorstep. People really ought to appreciate that this type of journalism is just a form of public stoning. Seriously folks, when Tiger Woods was a single guy how much press did he get for having multiple relationships? Zero! Why? Well the truth is that with his looks and money we would all be playing the field. Tiger, in my opinion made one mistake… He got married!
Please, how sick is this? Do we really need this type of news? There are far more important things going on around the world with far greater consequences and yet the press and the public appear to relish in this type of controversy, which in my view, makes us all a bit sad or even sick.
2. Should the press have freedom to soil anyone in the public eye over an affair? Sure, if he was sleeping with a Chinese Agent then surely this would be questionable but which guy doesn’t secretly harbor thoughts of a younger and new woman in their life after years of marriage? We are after all just animals and the male species has one job – procreate as much as possible. Yes, we do live in a so call monogamous society but this is by mans intervention and not by natural design.
3. I’m not privy as to how well David Petraeus conducted his position or how effective he was in directing the CIA but I would hazard a guess that he was pretty adept otherwise he wouldn’t of had the job in the first place nor lasted as long as he did. I would therefore have to conclude that he was in fact good at his job and considering the length of the affair it obviously didn’t have any detrimental effect on his performance as Director of the CIA.
The trouble with most people they love to get on their high horse and vilify anyone who engages in such an activity. Another prime example was Bill Clinton. People get a grip, Bill Clinton was one of the best U.S Presidents of all time and obviously his performance as President of the United States was in no way compromised by the fact that some young lady wanted to give him oral pleasure under the desk in the Oval Office – quite frankly if this is what helped relieve his stress and that both were consenting adult parties where happy, then what’s the big deal.
What President Obama needs to do is to defend David Petraeus, not for his indiscretion, but for his ability to do the job and that ladies and gentleman is what is at stake here – removing someone who is highly capable, over what really is a trivial matter, is ridiculous and the matter should, and only, be sorted out in the privacy of David Petraeus home with his wife.
Jared Axen, dubbed the Singing Nurse. As Jared goes about his daily nursing duties, he’s taken to singing happy tunes that lifts the patients spirits.
Osama Bin Laden… dead or alive? A new report by intelligence networks sighted the reason that Osama Bin Laden’s body was never displayed was due to the excessive amount of bullet holes in his body.
NSA Accused of Spying on the Pope – It would appear that there is no sanctuary from the every reaching tentacles of the NSA. If these allegations prove true it would be extremely ironic that one oppressive regime is spying on another oppressive regime.