Four Minute Warning: What Would You Do?
FOUR MINUTE WARNING: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - We have come close before to an all out Nuclear War – In October 1962 the United States and Russia came very close to unleashing a nuclear attack upon one another that would have certainly killed millions of people. The issue was the build up of Russian nuclear missiles in Cuba and the 13 Days of intense relations became known as the Cuban Missile Crisis or the October Crisis.
It was suggested, that through this period of time, that mankind learned a lot of what devastating consequences would have transpired if the Russians had not turned back their ships on that fateful day. One would assume that in today’s enlightened society, regardless of race, colour, creed, nationality of religious belief that we are now safe from such an atrocity, but are we certain that any one country would not unleash hell on earth?
Right now there are many conflicts going on around the world. It’s not just internal conflicts such as the Syrian crisis but other Inter-Continental issues; none of which are more prevalent than international terrorism. I think most of us would agree that the chances of a Country to Country Nuclear War would be most unlikely but there is a real threat of a nuclear attack from terrorist that is supported by a certain regime. The idea of such an attack is for the perpetrating country to be able to deny any knowledge and therefore free for any retaliation by the affected nation.
A terrorist attack, regards to a nuclear one, is unlikely to be total Armageddon; however such an attack, which is most likely to be from a ‘Dirty Bomb‘, will cause widespread devastation.
Let’s take out the equation of a Country to Country Nuclear Attack and while we are at it let’s pretend that all is a peace with the world – that is regardless of religious beliefs, ethnic persuasion, etc that we are all happy to let each other live our lives as we see fit without casting any dispersion upon an individual’s ideals and lifestyle.
You would think that in this scenario we would all be perfectly safe as there would be no need for any country or organisation to have the need for such weapons, and in this scenario this would be perfectly true, but what about other external forces that we have no control over?
It’s happened before and it will happen again, it’s just a question of time… Well that’s how the movie Armageddon puts it and quite frankly it is perfectly true – there is a rock out there large enough to wipe out all life on earth as we know it and this refers to an Extinction Level Event.
There is no doubt that in this scenario nothing would survive and it is also most likely we would have far more than a Four Minute Warning – so with the time you had left what would you do? Most of us would want to be with our families but I have heard some rather strange things, here’s a few:
- I would find the largest bottle of Single Malt Whiskey and get plastered. That way I won’t feel a thing.
- I would max out my credit card on a massive spending spree just so I can say I once had it all.
- I would find a few girls and get it on.
- I would eat Steak and Eggs every day until the end.
- I would build a space rocket and get the hell out of dodge.
- I’ve still got my old World War 2 Bunker and I’m sure I could use that.
- I would shoot my mother in law – that way she wouldn’t have to suffer – that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
- I would buy a lot of suntan lotion and ride it out. Factor 6 billion should do it. What they don’t make it? Damn!
- I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony – I guess we would all be singing the same tune; “It’s the End of the World as we know it.”
Well that’s just a few of what I’ve heard and no doubt there are a lot of other bright ideas out there. Care to tell us what you would do? Use the comments from below.