New Search Area for Flight MH370 Approved

by Editor | June 26, 2014 3:00 am

CNN - Australian authorities most likely will announce the next search area for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on Thursday, a senior Malaysian official told CNN on condition of anonymity Wednesday.

The search area will be “refined,” rather than brand new, and still will be in the southern Indian Ocean, where previous underwater explorations have failed to find the aircraft, the official said.

Flight 370 disappeared over Southeast Asia on March 8, and searchers have found no trace of the Boeing 777 or the 239 people aboard, making it one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history. The flight had been scheduled to go from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing.

Officials with three nations deeply involved in the search — Malaysia, China and Australia — approved the next search zone, the senior Malaysian official said.

Have your say… Leave your comments below.

Source URL: http://meebal.com/new-search-area-for-flight-mh370-approved/