Got a story you want us to publish?
This is your opportunity to report the news the way you want. We prefer news and other topical articles to deliver the facts and with a personal point of view. This allows you to create articles on subjects that you are passionate about and where you want to express your point of view.
What Can I Write About?
You can write on any of the subjects we have in our categories. Take a look at our menu bar above and you’ll see we carry an extensive range of news articles. Simply pick something that you want to write about.
How to Submit an Article
You may submit an article in two ways:
1. Create an Account – If you would like to become a regular feature writer and get recognition for what you write then creating an account is the perfect way to achieve this.
Please see the rules and terms below and then Register and Log In to your account.
We use WordPress as our back-end editor and creating an article is easy using this system. If you need help see our Help Files.
2. Submit Via Email – If you would like to submit a one-off story or you don’t want recognition for your articles then simply email us with your article.
It is best if you produce your article in Microsoft Word and include images. You can send your articles to: email@example.com
1. No Duplicate Content Please - We take plagiarism seriously and will delete articles that violate this rule.
You may include small snippets of relevant information that you are writing your article on but this must be no more than 10% of the entire article you write and you should include a link back to the original source. You may also use quotes to what others have said but again, please ensure that any snippets of information or quotes are kept to no more than 10% of the entire article.
2. You should not submit any article that violates the law; this includes racial hatred or discrimination; regardless of sex, race or religion. Note that news and other articles may feature topical information covering all countries, races, creeds, colours, religious beliefs and more. Any such articles should be factual and not simply written with the intent to cause offense. Writing any article is about balanced and informed opinions that are backed up with facts, not fiction.
3. Your article must be a minimum of 500 words. Any article submitted containing less than 500 words will be discarded.
Note this rule applies even if you attach video or an infographic to accompany your article.
The proper use of ENGLISH GRAMMAR is also of high importance. Each article undergoes a number of checks to ensure that the article is written in clear, easy to read English.
4. We do allow and encourage reference links within the body text; that is you may include links within your article to another website or blog, but these must be relevant to the article. During the editorial process we reserve the right to add, remove or include a rel=nofollow any links we see fit in order to add value to the article.
5. If you are a Registered user please complete your Author’s Bio if you would like public recognition for the articles you write. The following should be entered into your Author’s Bio Information and completed with your own details:
<a href=”https://plus.google.com/YOUR GOOGLE ID NO?rel=author”>YOUR NAME</a> DESCRIPTION TEXT ABOUT YOURSELF<a href=”http://www.YOUR WEBISTE” title=”/TITLE” rel=”nofollow”>www.YOUR WEBSITE/</a>, any additional text can go here.
You may include, within your Author’s Bio, links to your Twitter, Facebook, Google + and many other social networking accounts.
Note: If you do not complete your Author’s Bio then your article will be tagged to our ‘Readers Article’ account.
6. Your article should include images, graphics and video where required.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Content that You Submit
You may NOT, under any circumstance, copy and paste text from another website and; or blog for the use of your own article. Your content MUST be unique. Any violation of this will result in immediate termination of your account without notice.
Note carefully: We do allow ‘Snippets’ of information to be used which should consist of less than 10% of the entire article. Snippets must be accompanied by a link to the reference website. See this article for an example - More UK Foreign Aid Money Wasted. Note how the article uses a snippet from the Daily Mail with a link to the full article.
IMPORTANT – You may include images (including INFOGRAPHICS) and or video that is either owned by yourself or where you have express written permission to use it by the copyright owners. If we receive any complaint of copyright theft you agree to bear full responsibility for your actions and WARRANT against any liability on behalf of Meebal.com, its staff or agents.
2. Duplicating Content
You may NOT post your article(s) on any other website(s) or blog(s) after we have published your article. We check for duplicate content on a regular basis. If we find your article(s) to be in violation we will ask the offending website(s) to remove such material. If it is determined that you, your staff or agents were responsible for posting such content we will remove the article(s) from our website and terminate your account. See Section 4 below regarding Copyright.
3. Useful Content
Your article(s) must consist of a minimum of 500 words. This is to ensure that our readers have access to full and detailed information. Any article(s) submitted that does not reach this requirement will be discarded. We may, at our discretion add, alter or remove information as we see fit in order to bring it up to publishing status. Your article(s) should be easy to read and understand with a minimum of grammatical and typing errors. If an article(s) is found with a high degree of errors we may ask you to amend the article(s) and resubmit it for consideration.
You agree to grant Meebal.com copyright of any article(s) submitted and published. We may, at our discretion, modify or remove any or all article(s) as we see fit.
IMPORTANT - Please ensure that any image(s) or video(s) that you upload is either owned by yourself or you have express written permission, by the copyright owners, to use such content.
5. URL & Links
You may include ‘REFERENCE LINKS’ within the body of the article(s). These links should be for relevant sources of useful information from reputable sites, such as, Wikipedia and other such sources. You may include a link to a website and or blog, including your own, providing the content of the link provides relevancy and adds to the information within the article(s). You may not include a link within the body text solely for the purpose of generating a back-link for your website.
IMPORTANT - All non-authoritative links will be removed and we reserve the right to include a rel=”nofollow” attribute to any or all links included within an article(s).
6. Publishing Your Article
All article(s) undergo a strict set of editorial guidelines. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee that your article(s) will be published. The final decision lies with the Editor-in-Chief and is NOT open to an appeal basis. We will inform you:
A) If your article(s) has been accepted and;
B) When it is published on our pages. Please be patient.
7. Removal of Articles
Under Section 4 above, we retain copyright of all material submitted and published. We reserve the right to modify or remove any such article(s) as we deem fit. We also reserve the right to remove links, image(s) and or video(s) at our sole discretion.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE WRITTEN IN PLAIN ENGLISH AND IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER ALL LEGAL CONTINGENCIES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME AND WHERE APPROPRIATE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERIODICALLY IN ORDER TO ENSURE YOU COMPLY WITH SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING CONTENT.
YOU HEREBY WARRANT TO ACCEPT ALL LIABILITY FOR THE CONTENT YOU PRODUCE AND THAT MEEBAL.COM PUBLISHES ON YOUR BEHALF. MEEBAL.COM SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSBILE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LEGAL ACTION DUE TO CONTENT PUBLISHED.
IMPORTANT – Please read our Terms of Service which provides further information on your activity on Meebal.com